What is Invisalign and how does it work?
Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that are custom made specifically for your teeth. As you replace each aligner every 2 weeks, your teeth will move gradually towards the projected final position. Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of cases of crooked teeth, overbites and crowding and can be used for gap closure.
What are the advantages of Invisalign over fixed braces?
What are the benefits of the Invisalign aligners for the patient?
- Customised - Impressions of teeth produces personal, custom made aligners
- Clear - Virtually invisible so only you will know you're straightening your teeth !
- Removable – Flexible to your life -> remove aligners to eat, maintain good oral hygiene and you can choose to remove them for special occasions
- Effective - Even before treatment is finished, you can start to see and enjoy the benefits of a better smile.
- Comfortable - Aligners are comfortable to wear – no metal wires or brackets to irritate your gums.
What will it cost?
We understand that price is a very important consideration and as with all orthodontic treatment the cost of Invisalign is dependent on the specifics of your individual case, such as the complexity of your straightening issue and the required length of treatment.
We are currently offering one of the most competitive prices in Scotland for Invisalign Full and Invisalign Teen at £3250. However, if only minor tooth movement is required, prices start from £1050. We offer 0% Finance over 12 months and interest bearing over 2/3 years. Our Invisalign dentist Mr Murphy, will dicuss the treatment plan at your consultation and provide an estimate of the cost.
What is included in the cost for Invisalign ?
- Upper and/or lower aligners
- 3D Clincheck*
- FREE home Tooth Whitening worth £299
- Hygiene appointments
- Emergency appointments
- 1 free replacement aligner (usual charge £100)
What is the ClinCheck treatment plan and what does it show?
*ClinCheck is the virtual 3D treatment plan which shows the projected series of movements your teeth will go through over the course of treatment. This allows you to see before your treatment begins, what your teeth will look like during and at the end of treatment.
5 simple steps to a brand new smile
- Mr Murphy approves your stages of treatment
- Invisalign manufactures a series of aligners customised for you
- Wear aligners 24 hours a day, except to eat/drink, brush and floss
- Swap aligners to a new stage every 2 weeks
- Visit your dentist every 4-6 weeks. The average treatment time is 9-18 months
What about Invisalign Teen?
Because teens and their mouths are constantly on the move, we’ve added a few special features:
- Blue wear-indicators fade from blue to clear to help us and your teenager monitor if they have been wearing their aligners as required.
- Special features designed to compensate for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars.
- Six free individual replacement aligners are included, in case any are lost or misplaced.
Why is lifetime retention necessary after orthodontic treatment?
Aligned teeth can gradually revert back towards their initial position
How do I proceed with treatment?
Contact us to arrange a consultation with Mr Murphy. He will examine your teeth and advise if Invisalign is suitable for you. He will then approve the next stages of your treatment and provide you with a detailed cost and treatment plan. If you have any questions on any aspect of Invisalign please give us a call. We look forward to welcoming you to the practice. 01698 854048